Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Something Something, Patience

 Back in June I blogged about how I managed to conduct my first trade with a Japanese trading partner since the shipping options to America reopened in Japan. Here's my second that's also been in the works for a long time. With longtime trader 89anco.


This wasn't the main piece that started this trade. I didn't even know it was coming lol. But a 1/1 autograph of a player I saw in person is always a plus in my book. A heck of a card to just randomly get lmao. This Leonardo Molina printing plate autograph is from 2014 Bowman Inception.


And despite being a plate the back looks like this. It has the regular back and everything but with the 1/1 stamp. What's even more interesting is that the regular card for this is rather thick as Inception prided itself on thick card-stock to make it feel more high-end. But this plate is slender. Which suits me better. Thick cards are overrated unless they're that way out of necessity like jersey relics.


Like this card here. It's a costume card and autograph of Japanese beer vender-turned-model Honoka. I've blogged about her cards before and this is like my fifth autograph of hers. It's also my second relic-autograph combo where on one side is the relic (a part of her lace vest).


And on the other side is the autograph.


This was a late addition that I kinda asked Anco-san for at the last minute. It's an autograph of Japanese wrestler Saki-sama, aka Saki Akai. She's a professional wrestler who does a bit of modeling and various other ventures one does when you're conventionally attractive on the side. Her wrestling gimmick appears to be that of a villainess role, and she's part of a unit that heavily takes anime themes. Personally I like how she's the type who'd adopt a big hat and rose on top of an all black get-up.



Anco-san was generous enough to also provide her base cards and the little blurb on the back tells me that she also wrestles in France. I had no idea women's wrestling even went on in France.


Alright easing off of the degeneracy there we have this lovely heart parallel of Enako-san, someone I've blogged about before. This scanned like garbage but in person the card has like cool x-fractor-ish action going on where instead of shiny cubes and lines we get shiny hearts of various sizes and colors. It's quite cute. Also this is numbered to 150. Considering how popular she is, that's not nothing.


The OG anime waifu. Not sure the scanner handled it as well as it could've but all of these are incredibly shiny. The one on the left even has a gold border effect in person.


Alright time to snap back to reality with an autograph of Roberto Kelly. The only notable/good Yankee you'll find in the awkward post-Henderson/pre-Jeter era of the Yankees. As by that point Don Mattingly was effectively made of glass and the rest of the Yankees roster was hot garbage although Bernie Williams was starting to come into his own.

All in all another fantastic trade that I hope was worthwhile for Anco-san because it sure was fun for me. All gold I tell you.

あんこさん毎度楽しいトレードありがとうございます。

As always thank you for stopping by and take care.

3 comments:

  1. Nice cards and easy on the eyes some of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my students asked me about where I'd like to travel one day. I told the class "Japan" and that I'd love to see a baseball game. I think I need to add a women's wrestling match to the list.

    ReplyDelete