Friday, September 12, 2014

Y.O.L.O (Pt. II?)

I'm sure we all have at least one of these kinds of framed cards in our collection. A&G is a product that the vast majority of people on this blogosphere enjoys and the hits in it pretty much ALL come in frames and other products like Gypsy Queen and T206 also offer framed cards from time to time as well.


I've had two framed cards of Francisco Cervelli for a while now. An autograph from 2010 Topps 206 and a bat relic from 2011 A&G. I've had some trouble storing these because the frames are bulky and they stretch out the holders in my binder pages. And well... that's that type of thing I don't like.
So I decided to do this.


One could say I "destroyed" these cards (I certainly destroyed the resale value on these) but I say that I liberated these cards.
After seeing these minis entombed in those plastic chambers for so long, it's honestly quite refreshing to see them out.


I don't know about you but I like how my Cervy page is now set up. And yes I know that the relic mini is leaning.

So remember folks, don't be afraid to destroy your cards every once in a while.

As always thanks for stopping by and take care :).

8 comments:

  1. Oooooooooh! You destroyed those cards! I'm telling Mom!

    Actually, I've always wanted free a framed relic. Good for you for having the guts to do so! They look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not before I tell her that you keep feeding your dog your broccoli at dinner!

      And go for it man. Yolo is the motto man ;).

      Delete
  2. http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/276075-removing-allen-ginter-gypsy-queen-cards-their-frames.html

    I have pulled a couple older Ginters out of their frames. Original Ginters look so sweet stored in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice.

      And your original Ginters idea gives me an idea with the Piedmont frame...

      Delete
  3. I like the frames too much to do that (well, the pre-2012 frames anyway). No you need to store those in some tobacco-mini pages so they don't swim around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would but they don't make tobacco-mini pages for 2 ring binders made for 2x2 4 pocket pages.

      Delete
  4. Hmmmm, did Cervelli's migraines start when you removed them from the frame? Maybe it had a voodoo-like effect on him.

    Still, the cards look cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe. Actually no, I removed these cards from the frames a few hours after the announcement was made (phew!).

      And thanks :).

      Delete