I've had two framed cards of Francisco Cervelli for a while now. An autograph from 2010 Topps 206 and a bat relic from 2011 A&G. I've had some trouble storing these because the frames are bulky and they stretch out the holders in my binder pages. And well... that's that type of thing I don't like.
So I decided to do this.
One could say I "destroyed" these cards (I certainly destroyed the resale value on these) but I say that I liberated these cards.
After seeing these minis entombed in those plastic chambers for so long, it's honestly quite refreshing to see them out.
I don't know about you but I like how my Cervy page is now set up. And yes I know that the relic mini is leaning.
So remember folks, don't be afraid to destroy your cards every once in a while.
As always thanks for stopping by and take care :).



Oooooooooh! You destroyed those cards! I'm telling Mom!
ReplyDeleteActually, I've always wanted free a framed relic. Good for you for having the guts to do so! They look good.
Not before I tell her that you keep feeding your dog your broccoli at dinner!
DeleteAnd go for it man. Yolo is the motto man ;).
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/276075-removing-allen-ginter-gypsy-queen-cards-their-frames.html
ReplyDeleteI have pulled a couple older Ginters out of their frames. Original Ginters look so sweet stored in them.
Nice.
DeleteAnd your original Ginters idea gives me an idea with the Piedmont frame...
I like the frames too much to do that (well, the pre-2012 frames anyway). No you need to store those in some tobacco-mini pages so they don't swim around!
ReplyDeleteI would but they don't make tobacco-mini pages for 2 ring binders made for 2x2 4 pocket pages.
DeleteHmmmm, did Cervelli's migraines start when you removed them from the frame? Maybe it had a voodoo-like effect on him.
ReplyDeleteStill, the cards look cool!
Maybe. Actually no, I removed these cards from the frames a few hours after the announcement was made (phew!).
DeleteAnd thanks :).