Monday, November 6, 2017

Willinghammer Falleth

There's no real reasonable explanation why, but Wes happened.

Those of you who read my blog on a regular basis should already be very familiar with Wes a.k.a. JayBarkerFan of the currently-in-hiatus-limbo-blog Willinghammer Rising.

Wes' work around this corner of the blogosphere is well documented and often one of the key examples of just how nice a bunch of strangers who all happen to collect pictures of men in pajamas can be to eachother.

I've previously seen Wes' handiwork from afar. Notable instances that I can recall include the time Wes and Bob Walk The Plank went to war (during which the Battle of Waner settled things once and for all), the time Wes sent The Lost Collector a Facemask relic and of course the time Wes sent P-Town Tom the Wampa. And that's just to name a few, Wes' track record extends far beyond that of course. Ask any old blogger who's been around for a the last 4-5 years, they'll probably have a tale to tell.

For whatever reason, it took a while for Wes and I to finally interact. I dunno, I guess maybe I was afraid of having to prepare for my own war lol. Or maybe because in all of the time I've been collecting, I haven't encountered a single notable Josh Willingham card I can offer to Wes. I think he really does have them all.

Well Wes introduced himself in a big way.


Yes, the LUIIIISSSSSSSSSSS Torrens printing plate from my last post, came courtesy of Wes.

It all happened so fast. I was browsing eBay as usual, encountered the plate up for grabs, but first I took a screenshot of the listing to complain about how it was overpriced (I've been watching the Torrens market for years now after all) on Twitter. Wes swooped in and the next thing I knew he was delivering it to me. Woof!


Man, everything about this is awesome. The black printing plate, Wes Happening, everything.


Everything.

Of course now begins the difficult part of trying to send back a good enough thank you package. As you'd expect, Wes has said that they don't need anything in return, but my Zaps stay put for no one. I've put a few things in motion and have a sample Zap going Wes' way.


It probably won't be nearly as good as what JBF has brought, but I have to start somewhere.

So big thanks to Wes for the awesome printing plate (one of the 14 1/1's in my collection), I owe you big time buddy.

And thanks to the rest of you as well for stopping by :).

Take care.

11 comments:

  1. So much generosity in one place! Glad your paths finally crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is why our community is the best. Baseball card bloggers should all run for office.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anyone to do so would get my vote, especially Wes!

      Delete
    2. @Matt: Only to be told "stick to sports"? ;)

      @Tony: Ditto

      Delete
  3. Wes sets the bar that none can reach, but we become better through just trying.

    ReplyDelete